arugula with avocado sushi rolls

arugula avocado sushi rollsarugula, a personal favorite, also known as the ‘salad rocket’ or ‘garden rocket’ is a nutritious leafy green featuring a sweet and nutty, yet peppery flavor. it has been shown to enhance liver function and as a result, improves the quality of the blood circulating throughout the body. the avocado is classified as a fruit and the hass variety is sometimes referred to as ‘alligator skin’  or ‘alligator pear’ because of its shape, skin color and texture. a known powerhouse of vitamin e, the avocado protects the skin from free radicals while essentially acting as mother nature’s perfect moisturizer whether it is eaten or applied to the skin topically.

arugula with avocado sushi rolls inphyuse the benefits of each and are sufficiently packed with fiber, potassium and vitamins a, b, c and k to name a few. the rolls can be made with or without a sushi mat, either way, rolling sushi can be frustrating at first. rolled to perfection or not, the flavor remains the same and practice can make perfect.

arugula with avocado sushi rolls

untoasted nori sheets

celeriac sushi rice

avocado slices

baby arugula

sushi mat (optional)

to assemble

1. place a nori sheet on the sushi mat shiny side down.

2. spread the celeriac sushi rice, about 1-1 1/2 cups, on 3/4 of the nori sheet.

3. place the arugula and avocado slices horizontally across the middle of the rice spread.

4. roll using the mat. wet fingertips with water or apple cider vinegar and run it along the end of the nori sheet to make the ends stick .

5. slice the roll with sharp wet knife.

Comments

40 Responses to “arugula with avocado sushi rolls”
  1. Jose says:

This avocado sushi recipe makes me feel hungry. It’s nice that you pointed out the benefits of eating arugula. Definitely a must try. Thanks for sharing!

2. gina says:

I love spiciness of arugula. This combination sounds delightful. I have not tried rolling sushi yet. But, I would like to give this a try.

3. Liene says:

I am not a cooking person, but this recipe looks so great. I would like to try it someday! 🙂
    Liene
    myreldiary.com

4. Andrea says:

Now if I could just figured out how to cut an avocado….

5. That looks delicious – I love both avocados and rocket salad and eat them nearly every day 😉 I have to try your recipe now – just looking at the photo makes me hungry!

6. Leah says:

Oh this looks yummy!! Will have to make it this weekend!! Thanks for sharing!!

7. I should not be reading recipes when I am hungry haha but this looks so good! My husband and I took a sushi making course a few years ago and it was so fun!! & super yummm. Thanks for sharing!

• Jessica says:

hahaha, it’s like grocery shopping on an empty stomach and that sounds like a fun course! my rolling always needs practice but i’m willing to do the work (:

8. I had no idea arugula was so good for you! I also didn’t know that “rocket” was the same thing as arugula. lol. Thanks for sharing this!

9. Ruth Earley says:

I am hungry just reading this. I’m definitely going to try it.

10. Cori says:

I have wanted to get a sushi mat for a while – makes life so much easier.

11. Alicia says:

Yum this looks good! I want to try this!

12. Ali says:

This looks so good! I love both arugula and avocado (and sushi) so this seems the most perfect combination to me!

13. What a great idea! I love arugula and have so much growing in the garden right now (luckily)! Thanks for sharing!

14. I love the spiciness of Arugula and this is a great recipe to use it in. Thanks for sharing!

15. Whimsy says:

This recipe looks absolutely delicious! I’ve gotta try it out one day soon for sure!

16. Yum! These look super tasty and beyond simple to make (my favorite) thanks for sharing!

17. sonali jain says:

another food post for the day, makes me real hungry. looks delicious. 🙂

18. Emily says:

This looks so yummy! I love the spin on a traditional sushi roll.

19. Sophia says:

This sounds delicious! I love rocket, such a nice peppery flavour to it. And Celeriac rice sounds amazing too!

Sophia xx http://sophiawhitham.co.uk

20. Lauren Grace says:

These look SO DELICIOUS. I love trying new recipes – can’t wait to this one!

21. Mindy says:

Wow, this looks amazing! I love avocado in sushi. I’ll be trying this recipe soon!

22. Christine says:

These look like fun to make. I’m definitely trying these

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] arugula with avocado sushi rolls […]