30 minutes is the new marathon: the inphyusion 30-day movement challenge

inphyusion 30-day movement challenge

**special note: we have a group beginning the challenge april 17th and will be staying connected through a private facebook in order to encourage and motivate one another along the way and hopefully we’ll share a few laughs along the way…we’d love to have you join and you can click to do so!!

i love movement and being active and i’ve always loved movement and being active. as a child, my mom found me more than once trying to sleep in my swimming suit so that i wouldn’t miss a moment of swim time fussing with my suit the next morning. as if i wouldn’t wake up well before the opportunity to swim began. when i made the leap from my elementary and junior high soccer and basketball teams to my high school squads, i was so excited we were able to practice five days a week instead of the two we had previously been practicing. my only complaint at that point was we practiced for two hours instead of four or more. i was the geek that wanted to run drills and scrimmage all day long. by the time i was playing college basketball my teammates referred to me as the energizer bunny because i required very little sleep and had an abundance of energy. always.

exercise is not only

walking, running, swimming and biking

or football, basketball and soccer

but it is also

pilates, zumba and barre class

practicing yoga, tai chi and other mind body practices

exercise and movement take various forms for different people

by the end of college, i had begun running more and hiking, snowboarding and cross-country skiing, trail running and also mountain biking. then not long after college i moved west to colorado and montana where i warmed up to alpine skiing, started snowshoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, stand up paddle boarding and biking real mountains. if you can name it i have probably tried it with varying levels of success and failure, but have always had serious amounts of fun. movement takes so many different forms!

free download available inside

movement is chasing a kite on a beautiful afternoon

these days i have matured enough to appreciate a strong restful nights sleep on the regular (more on that some other time) as another pillar of my optimal health routine. i have now turned my extra energy towards inspiring others to get moving in their own lives! we all know movement and exercise are good for us but do we know why?

exercise not only

improves your balance, posture and coordination, it lessens fatigue therefore increasing energy and endurance

it keeps your body and brain fit and able, sharpening your memory, lifting your mood and boosting your immune system

it reduces stress and anxiety while improving sleeping patterns and boosting productivity

it can also

lowers the risk of high blood pressure and osteoporosis, strengthens the heart and boosts overall mental health

over the years i have been involved in many conversations with health clientsbodywork clients and yoga students who fear they need to log long arduous hours of physical activity in order to reap the health benefits but the truth is 30 minutes per day is sufficient. and consistency is the secret. just do it as i believe some athletic company once said. just get up, get out and do it. every. single. day.

my nike’s have taken me all over and we still have a lot of ground to cover. i challenge you and yours to do the same. the 30-day inphyusion movement challenge is open to all and invites you to get yourself moving for at least 30 minutes for 30 consecutive days. it is absolutely ok to move more than 30 minutes, however extra minutes do not carry over to the next day. they are not extra credit, merely additional health.

mark each circle as you complete the adventure of the day and you will quickly see your days of activity pile up.

peter drucker said ‘what gets measured gets improved’ meaning you cannot improve something you do not track. the 30-day movement challenge is set up in a way that offers an achievable goal and allows you to see your progress while monitoring your consistency. inherently tracking your goal. the challenge is beneficial if you already have a fitness program in place and it will be beneficial if you are only beginning to step foot into the fitness realm.

great morning run #inphyusion30 #bouldercolorado

great morning run #inphyusion30 #bouldercolorado

share the adventures of your 30-day movement challenge on facebook, instagram or twitter using #inphyusion30. see what others are doing to complete their challenge and inspire your friends through sharing your own updates and photos. if you wish tag inphyusion too, i’d love to keep up with your adventures and cheer you on. and be sure to invite your friends, family and colleagues to join the challenge with you as i am eager to share the gift of improved health with anyone willing to make the time!

tips for a successful 30-day inphyusion movement challenge experience:

join with friends, family, officemates as source of inspiration and motivation

place your challenge sheet where you will see it daily

schedule the time in your calendar daily as though it were a meeting

break the 30 minutes in to 3-10 minute spots throughout the day

find and schedule activities you enjoy

set an alarm and label it: get moving!

play tunes to motivate you, monthly i update spotify with a new playlist

follow inphyusion on facebook, twitter or instagram for daily motivation and encouragement

or simply comment below with your success stories and what fueled or challenged you through the challenge

upon completion of the challenge you will be rewarded a breakthrough session which is valued at $90. the breakthrough session is a 50-minute coaching session with a health and wellness expert.

once you’ve completed the challenge be sure to book your breakthrough session. and you can do that here.

return monthly to download the form (inphyusion_movement_challenge) and return to the challenge over and over, however, the breakthrough session only applies to one completed worksheet.

the breakthrough session will address an area of concern or any questions you have regarding your present health and wellness. during the conversation you will receive valuable answers to your questions with immediate feedback and following the session you will receive a summary of the session along with three suggestions or recommendations for you to move forward with.

a breakthrough session is meant to ignite and inspire you towards action, helping you make moves towards the healthiest, happiest version of you.

download your form here: inphyusion_movement_challenge

free download included

Comments

39 Responses to “30 minutes is the new marathon: the inphyusion 30-day movement challenge”
  1. cis says:

My challenge is NOT to move too much at the moment, as I have the flu: joint and muscle pain, weakness, a dodgy tummy and now a runny nose to top it all off. Cannot wait to be able to move again without feeling shattered in just 5 minutes.

• Jessica says:

that is definitely a challenge too but with the flu, rest is so important…feel better soon and you’ll be back to moving around in no time!!

2. Janel B. says:

thanks for the tips. I know I need to get motivated to get some exercise in daily.

3. Ashley says:

My movement challenge is to take breaks from blogging at least every 30 minutes during my work day and do a quick jog around the house. It’s just too easy to get engrossed in my writing and forget to get up all day. Now that the weather is nice it should be a good break 🙂

4. Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen says:

This is awesome! I wish my health was good enough to a 30 day movement challenge. Maybe I could start slow with a 10 or 15 minutes a day challenge. Love this post. It’s very inspiring. 🙂

5. Kim says:

I do barre, yoga, spin and muscle classes. I love to change it up so I don’t get bored.

6. Meileilan says:

I am very impressed with your active lifestyle . I can only wish I can be you but this is very inspiring .- colorsofmei

7. Selina Ryan says:

Very good, I need to move more, I have had a spinal fusion a year back, I do walking but need to start with other forms of movement too.
    Love the quote ‘what gets measured gets improved’

8. Kaitlynn says:

Hi great advice!! I am running a lot lately but I want to go back to lifting weights. I have been keeping track of my running times and consistency and I’m really impressed with how much I have improved over a few short weeks. Exercise is really important!! I would like to try more exercises soon.

9. Bre Fowler says:

Love the list of benefits that exercise and movement has on the body and mind! I maintain a pretty active lifestyle, but always notice how quickly my motivation vanishes if I have a lazy day. Good luck with the challenge!

• Jessica says:

that’s great…lazy days are important too. rest days aren’t lost on me but i think more people need the motivation to get started which is why i created the challenge…cheers to a healthy body and mind!

10. Kate says:

Yes- I agree with you. People get too caught up in exercise being just running or going to the gym. We should be striving for more active lives. I like that you do so many activities.

• Jessica says:

thanks kate…i’m a big believer that we also need to find something that’s enjoyable so that we stay with it. i’m like a dog that needs to be let off the leash to burn off energy–good or bad, i’ve always been that way (:

11. Sophia says:

This is a great idea, particularly like the idea of splitting it up into three ten mintues, that’s especially good for those just starting out xx

Sophia x http://sophiawhitham.co.uk

• Jessica says:

thanks sophia, it’s certainly helpful when you’re just out and it will help you slowly build the endurance you’re looking for…we have a group just starting out today, keeping in touch through social media to motivate and inspire one another. we have a few newbies in the group too (:

12. Jenn JG says:

Great Post. I am so motivated to get moving at the beginning of the week but by the end forget it I’m beyond lazy. I need to try 30 days like you say

• Jessica says:

yes jenn, i think that’s common. you can always break it into smaller amounts also so they’re little pieces to check off the list…we have group that just took off today and we plan to support and motivate one another for the whole 30 days!

13. johnathan says:

You have a great attitude toward fitness. I’d love to see short video of short, three second clips of each day of your movement challenge. That would make a cool post.

14. Stephanie says:

So important to stay sctive. I fell off track for a few months after I broke my hand. This has inspired me to jump back in 🙂

15. Ivanna says:

What a great idea. I have been working out for 30 minutes every other day doing HIIT workouts. I love it. I feel like I get a good workout in a short time and I don’t get bored.

• Jessica says:

that’s awesome and enjoying what you doing is the most important…it helps motivate you to keep going. HIIT workouts are super for that!!

16. Nina says:

I absolutely love this challenge! I was a very active kid, always outside running around and always played sports. I used to be able to run six miles (that’s huge for me)! Recently, I’ve become busier and have neglected this. I love this challenge! It will help me get back on track!

17. K says:

good idea, I need this in my life asap!

18. Sue Tanya Mchorgh says:

Thanks for the tips. I have been focusing on my fitness recently. It’s been a struggle but hanging in there.

19. Sue Tanya Mchorgh says:

Great post! I love your attitude to fitness 🙂

20. Akialah says:

Being that I am less than 2 weeks away from my due date, I will have to jump in late but I am SO ready to get moving again once I recover! Whoooo!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] a recent post i shared how much i have always loved moving and with that same possibly annoying passion i’ve really always loved music too. more often […]

2. […] sports. while watching i’m also typically working on recipes or food prep, working on my movement challenge and i have been known to practice yoga too —yes-i get on my mat and practice yoga while […]

3. […] fact, movement is suggested and the adventure is a great time to participate in the inphyusion30 movement challenge…the added BONUS? completing the challenge is a great way to earn a FREE coaching session! […]