healthy homemade granola cereal

snack like a boss on a healthy homemade granola cereal.

a little here. a little there. and before you know it your jar is empty.

well, at least in my experience.

i’ve been eating it by the handful, with my parfaits, acai bowls, over soft serve, and with superfood frenzy or instant almond milk. if you can name it i’ve probably topped it off with granola and i’m not ashamed.

it’s a cinch to make and you can add virtually anything you’d like to the recipe to personalize it.

in other news, i have an exciting new partnership happening with campworks coworking! campworks is a coworking space that encourages professional and balanced lifestyles and since i’m passionate about designing healthy active lifestyles for the busy and willing, the partnership was a no-brainer. stay tuned to see what’s next!

are you a snacker and if so, what’s your go-to?

homemade granola cereal

2 cups medjool dates, pitted

1 cup rolled oats

1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

1 cup sunflower seeds

1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, raw honey, alternative sweetener, or coconut oil

*preheat oven to 425.

place everything in a food processor and pulse until well mixed.

spread on a parchment and place in oven for 8-10.

remove from oven and let cool before storing in a jar.

*you could also  keep it raw food and use a dehydrator set to 118 for 8-10 hours.

Comments

14 Responses to “healthy homemade granola cereal”
  1. Kiarna Jayne says:

This sounds great! I always struggle with ideas for healthy snacks/meals especially since I have recently turned to a plant based diet, thank you for sharing! 🙂

– Kiarna Jayne xo

2. Eva says:

I can’t wait to try to make this. It is the perfect recipe to make in bulk! And there is no question that homemade is so much better for you than store-bought. You have totally inspired me to give this a try!!
    xo, Eva
    thecharliebird.com

3. I love simple and healthy recipes! The simpler the better!

4. Ilene says:

I will try this and use it over my Greek yogurt! I really like the look of your blog too. Great work!!

5. This looks so yummy! I love healthy breakfasts that don’t compromise taste!

6. You just can’t beat the taste of homemade granola and I love that you control the ingredients and can make it healthier than store bought.

7. Nadalie says:

Looks so yummy! It’s similar to my own granola mix. I love adding coconut too!

8. Angie says:

I love granola, but haven’t ever tried to make it myself yet. I should!

9. L says: