cold-brewed iced coffee concentrate

iced coffee recipe DIY

are you a fan of summertime iced coffee drinks but don’t always want to run past your favorite shop to pick it up? no worries, i’ve always got your back with a do-it-yourself cold-brewed iced coffee hack. more chill for the dog days of summer.

this iced coffee hack takes 5-10 minutes of effort to put together and 8-12 hours of waiting as it brews. beware, it’s a high octane concentrate that could potentially knock your caffeine loving socks off if you’re not careful.

been there. done that. do not prefer it. and for those of you that prefer no caffeine at all, if you remember back in february i shared a dandelion root latte recipe.

during the summer i’m a fan of brewing a large batch of the roasted dandelion root tea, storing it in the fridge, and serving it with a little cashew almond creamer or coconut almond mylk over ice or coconut milk cubes for afternoon enjoyment.

but back to the caffeine. the concentrate is best mixed in a ratio of 1:3 (1/3 concentrate, 2/3 water) and served over ice in a clear pint glass or mason jar.

to latte it–you guessed–add some instant almond milk or superfood frenzy hemp milk and add a coconut milk cube or two!

because my cube game is out of control i obviously use the cold-brewed concentrate for cubes too. it’s been enjoyable to add the cold-brew cubes to my favorite chocolate ‘milk’shake for an iced mocha if you will or to an instant chocolate almond milk recipe i’ve shared before. the cubes add a little buzz.

how-to make the coffee concentrate

stir 1 cup ground coffee bean of choice in 4 cups of water well. cover and set aside for 8-12 hours. strain the mixture and reserve the liquid. store in the refrigerator.

4 cups of concentrate will make 6-8 cups of iced coffee. the concentrate will last about one week in the fridge.

and, just a heads up, i’ve been adding the concentrate to chocolate and test driving it on a few massage clients following their session. so far, thumbs up!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

19 Responses to “cold-brewed iced coffee concentrate”
  1. Marina says:

Omg I have been dying to find a cold brew recipe!!! This sounds amazing!!!! I will definitely be trying !

2. Interesting. This cold brew is all the rage these days isnt it

3. Cierra says:

This is amazing! The coffee addict I am cannot wait to try this!

4. Alexandra says:

This looks amazing. I’m totally trying this!!!!! ❤️

5. Yummy! I need to try this.

6. Anita says:

8+ hours huh? I think that’s probably the reason why I’d walk to the local coffee shop. hahaha But actually, I could totally see myself prepping this on a nice hot day. mmmmm cold brew with some coconut milk sounds delicious.

• Jessica says:

it’s my understanding the longer it sits, the stronger the brew. i usually prep it the night before so it brews while i sleep and since it’s a concentrate you’re making enough for a couple days for more…i love walking to the local coffee shop but i also love saving a few bucks-catching my coffee buzz on a budget (:

7. Aarika says:

I can’t wait to try this cold brew with some coconut milk. Yum! I am going to start a batch tonight. =)

8. Mary says:

I’m totally bookmarking this for future use! Cold brew is my jam!

9. Esse D says:

While I’m not a fan of coffee, I can appreciate others love for it. Brewed iced coffee may not be too bad.

• Jessica says:

i know coffee isn’t for everyone but if it’s your thing, it’s my understanding that coffee that has been cold brewed is less acidic than others so that’s a bonus (:

10. Mary Newman says:

You make that sound so easy!! Why haven’t I thought to do this before! Great idea!